Lieutenant General Tibor Bozó17:08 January 31, 2022
Date of birth: 10. December 1958
Place of birth: Csongrád
- 1977- 1981 Lajos Kossuth Military college Szentendre
- 1985 Battalion commander course Lajos Kossuth Military college Szentendre
- 1990-1993 Miklós Zrínyi Military academy Budapest
- 1997-1998 English language course Miklós Zrínyi National Defense University Budapest
- 1999 Canada English language course (Canadian Forces Language School (Ottawa) Detachment Borden)
- 2002 USA English language course (Defense Language Institute English Language Center Lackland Air Force Base, Texas)
- 2002-2003 US Army War College (Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania)
Military professional: Infantry
- 1981-1982 Platoon leader
- 1982-1984 Company commander
- 1984-1986 Battalion chief of staff
- 1986-1990 Battalion commander
- 1993-1995 Operational officer (Corps G3)
- 1995-1996 Deputy commander of brigade
- 1996-1997 Separate battalion commander
- 1999-2002 Brigade commander
- 2003-2006 Deputy chief of staff of Joint Logistics and Support Command
- 2006-2007 Chief of staff of Joint Logistics and Support Command
- 2007-2010 Commander of Hazardous Material Supply Center
- 2009 EUFOR HQ Sa Support Division Chief (DCOS)
- 2010- 2013 Head of Personnel Directorate of General Staff of Hungarian Defence Forces
- 2013- 2014 Head of Training Directorate of General Staff of Hungarian Defence Forces
- 2014- 2020 Commander of NCO Academy
- 2020- 2021 Commander of Transformation Command
- 2021- 2022 Commander of Territorial Defence and Support Command
- 2022 - Hungarian Defence Forces Command Chief of Staff
Family: married, wife Zsuzsanna
Child: Klaudia 1991
- 1986. Bronze medal of service
- 1992. Service medal after 10 year
- 1997. Silver medal of service
- 2002. Service medal after 20 year
- 2004. Gold medal of service
- 2005. Gold medal of service
- 2008. Service medal after 30 year
- 2008. Knight cross of Republic of Hungary
- 2009. European Security Defence Policy Service Medal (Operation ALTHEA)
- 2009. Peace keeping medal
- 2009. Per La Pace (Italian Peace keeping medal)
- 2010. Militar-Anerkennungsmedaille des Österreichischen Bundesheeres
- 2010. Médaille De La Défense Nationale (French medal)
- 2015. Gold medal of service decorated by Laurel wreath
- 2015. Bronze medal of Saint Janos Kapisztran
- 2017. Service medal of Migration
- 2017. Service medal decorated by Laurel wreath after 40 year
- 2019. Officercros of Hungary
- 2019. Silver medal of Saint Janos Kapisztran
Hungary is interested in a strong NATO
09:25 June 7, 2023
The Bucharest Nine (B9) group is committed to further supporting Ukraine and above all, to restoring peace to the country as soon as possible – emphasized President of Hungary Katalin Novák after a summit of heads of state of the B9, a group bringing together Central and Eastern European member states – the eastern flank – of NATO in Bratislava on Tuesday, 6 June.
We are not alone, we are not the only ones who want peace
09:08 June 6, 2023
In this turbulent period of the 21st century, there is a need for Georgia’s deeply rooted and rich history and values. Because of our common values in the past and plans for the future, this country is our strategic partner, with which we are working together on further deepening our relations on both bilateral and allied levels, stated Defence Minister Kristóf Szalay-Bobrovniczky in Tbilisi after holding discussions with the Minister of Defence of Georgia on 5 June.
Giant KC-135 Stratotanker at Pápa
13:44 June 5, 2023
The airmen of the 121st Air Refueling Wing of the Ohio Air National Guard and the crew of the KC-135 Stratotanker aircraft stationed at the Hungarian Defence Forces 47th Air Base recently participated in a joint training event.
10:03 June 2, 2023
At the invitation of Bulgarian Brigadier General Radostin Iliev, Director for Defence Policy and Planning, MoD Deputy State Secretary for Defence Policy László Hajnik paid an official visit to Sofia between 24-26 May. During the discussion, both sides agreed with the significance of developing bilateral defence relations, emphasizing that it is necessary to find the new fields and means of cooperation for the expansion of the existing relations.
Innovation increases defence capability
09:51 June 2, 2023
Innovation has a key role in increasing defence capability and modernizing the Hungarian Defence Forces, said Brigadier General Imre Porkoláb, CEO, Defense Innovation Research Institute (VIKI) Nonprofit Ltd. at a capability demonstration organized by the VIKI in Budapest on 31 May.
Get well soon, Hungarian soldiers!
11:52 May 31, 2023
On 31 May, President of Hungary Katalin Novák personally thanked the Hungarian soldiers – who had been injured in Kosovo and are already recuperating in Hungary – for their standing their ground.
11:39 May 31, 2023
“Once again, our soldiers have performed their duty heroically”, stated Defence Minister Kristóf Szalay-Bobrovniczky at Liszt Ferenc International Airport, Budapest on 30 May.
German armored troops at Tata
11:21 May 30, 2023
As part of the German–Hungarian land forces cooperation, Brigadier General Björn F. Schulz, Commander, Bundeswehr Panzertruppenschule (Armored Troops School) recently arrived in Hungary and paid a visit to the HDF 1st Armored Brigade in Tata on 24 May.
Hungarian troops are standing their ground in NATO’s Kosovo peacekeeping mission
11:17 May 30, 2023
Hungarian soldiers were also taking part in dispersing a crowd in Kosovo. In the afternoon of Monday, 29 May, the nominated soldiers of the Hungarian Defence Forces serving with NATO’s peacekeeping force were deployed at the town hall in Zvecan, Kosovo.
Military medical team leaves for Kosovo
11:14 May 30, 2023
In the evening of 29 May, an Airbus A319 aircraft of the Hungarian Defence Forces specifically converted for air ambulance operations took off from Kecskemét air base to provide medical care for the Hungarian soldiers who had been injured in the crowd riot control task ordered at Zvecan, Kosovo, and to return them home if necessary. Major General Ferenc Kajári, Deputy Chief, HDF General Staff also accompanies the military doctors on board.