Major General Tibor Bozó17:08 January 31, 2022
Date of birth: 10. December 1958
Place of birth: Csongrád
- 1977- 1981 Lajos Kossuth Military college Szentendre
- 1985 Battalion commander course Lajos Kossuth Military college Szentendre
- 1990-1993 Miklós Zrínyi Military academy Budapest
- 1997-1998 English language course Miklós Zrínyi National Defense University Budapest
- 1999 Canada English language course (Canadian Forces Language School (Ottawa) Detachment Borden)
- 2002 USA English language course (Defense Language Institute English Language Center Lackland Air Force Base, Texas)
- 2002-2003 US Army War College (Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania)
Military professional: Infantry
- 1981-1982 Platoon leader
- 1982-1984 Company commander
- 1984-1986 Battalion chief of staff
- 1986-1990 Battalion commander
- 1993-1995 Operational officer (Corps G3)
- 1995-1996 Deputy commander of brigade
- 1996-1997 Separate battalion commander
- 1999-2002 Brigade commander
- 2003-2006 Deputy chief of staff of Joint Logistics and Support Command
- 2006-2007 Chief of staff of Joint Logistics and Support Command
- 2007-2010 Commander of Hazardous Material Supply Center
- 2009 EUFOR HQ Sa Support Division Chief (DCOS)
- 2010- 2013 Head of Personnel Directorate of General Staff of Hungarian Defence Forces
- 2013- 2014 Head of Training Directorate of General Staff of Hungarian Defence Forces
- 2014- 2020 Commander of NCO Academy
- 2020- 2021 Commander of Transformation Command
- 2021- 2022 Commander of Territorial Defence and Support Command
- 2022 - Hungarian Defence Forces Command Chief of Staff
Family: married, wife Zsuzsanna
Child: Klaudia 1991
- 1986. Bronze medal of service
- 1992. Service medal after 10 year
- 1997. Silver medal of service
- 2002. Service medal after 20 year
- 2004. Gold medal of service
- 2005. Gold medal of service
- 2008. Service medal after 30 year
- 2008. Knight cross of Republic of Hungary
- 2009. European Security Defence Policy Service Medal (Operation ALTHEA)
- 2009. Peace keeping medal
- 2009. Per La Pace (Italian Peace keeping medal)
- 2010. Militar-Anerkennungsmedaille des Österreichischen Bundesheeres
- 2010. Médaille De La Défense Nationale (French medal)
- 2015. Gold medal of service decorated by Laurel wreath
- 2015. Bronze medal of Saint Janos Kapisztran
- 2017. Service medal of Migration
- 2017. Service medal decorated by Laurel wreath after 40 year
- 2019. Officercros of Hungary
- 2019. Silver medal of Saint Janos Kapisztran
17:34 November 24, 2022
A delegation from the Hungarian Defence Forces Peace Support Training Centre (HDF PSTC) attended the annual Commandants’ Conference (CC) of the NATO Partnership Training and Education Centres (PTEC) and the subsequent trade exhibition (PTEC Marketplace) in Brussels on 14–16 November.
17:29 November 24, 2022
The Hungarian BAP detachment stationed in Lithuania didn’t have to wait long for the first snow. In the third week of November, Šiauliai and its environs – including the airbase – got covered with a centimeters-thick snow blanket. The snowing was followed by temperatures below zero for several days, even dropping to minus 13 degrees Celsius at night on the coldest ones.
16:19 November 24, 2022
The military exercise Puma 2022 was organized with the participation of the Visegrád Four countries in the training areas of Deba and Lipa, Poland, in early November.
16:16 November 24, 2022
Necessitated by the war in Ukraine, safeguarding the airspace of the three NATO ally Baltic countries is more important than ever, and this year’s is already the third occasion when the air force of the Hungarian Defence Forces participates in the Baltic Air Policing mission, this time as a lead nation – this was said at a discussion between Defence Minister Kristóf Szalay-Bobrovniczky and Raul Toomas, Estonia’s ambassador in Budapest on Monday, 21 November.
13:46 November 21, 2022
This year the International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) was organized at Karachi Export Centre, Pakistan between 15 and 18 November. Lieutenant General Romulusz Ruszin-Szendi PhD, Commander, Hungarian Defence Forces paid a visit to the exhibition together with Major General Dr. László Sticz, Commander, HDF Force Modernization and Transformation Command and Colonel István Ocskay, Director, Institute for Modernization, HDF Force Modernization and Transformation Command.
12:48 November 18, 2022
Major General Angelo Michele Ristuccia, the commander of the KFOR mission recently paid a visit to the HDF KFOR Tactical Reserve Battalion (KTRBN) stationed in Camp Novo Selo. The aim of the COM KFOR’s visit was to obtain a comprehensive picture of the functioning of the Hungarian battalion and the camp.
10:40 November 18, 2022
On 14 November, Italian Brigadier General Luca Piperni relinquished his position of KFOR deputy commander to Hungarian Brigadier General József Szpisják during a Transfer of Authority ceremony in Camp Film City, Pristina, Kosovo.
10:30 November 18, 2022
On Thursday, 17 November, Lieutenant General Zsolt Sándor, Deputy Commander, Hungarian Defence Forces received in his office an American delegation from the Institute for Security Governance.
Kristóf Szalay-Bobrovniczky: strengthening defence capabilities is now a priority for all international alliances
10:26 November 18, 2022
The events of the last few days also demonstrate that currently all international alliances consider the strengthening of defence capabilities a priority, stated Defence Minister Kristóf Szalay-Bobrovniczky in Jerusalem, after holding a discussion with Israeli Defence Minister Benny Gantz.
12:01 November 17, 2022
On Wednesday, 16 November, President of Hungary Katalin Novák and Defence Minister Kristóf Szalay-Bobrovniczky saw the Israeli anti-rocket system Iron Dome in action.