Major General Tibor Bozó17:08 January 31, 2022
Date of birth: 10. December 1958
Place of birth: Csongrád
- 1977- 1981 Lajos Kossuth Military college Szentendre
- 1985 Battalion commander course Lajos Kossuth Military college Szentendre
- 1990-1993 Miklós Zrínyi Military academy Budapest
- 1997-1998 English language course Miklós Zrínyi National Defense University Budapest
- 1999 Canada English language course (Canadian Forces Language School (Ottawa) Detachment Borden)
- 2002 USA English language course (Defense Language Institute English Language Center Lackland Air Force Base, Texas)
- 2002-2003 US Army War College (Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania)
Military professional: Infantry
- 1981-1982 Platoon leader
- 1982-1984 Company commander
- 1984-1986 Battalion chief of staff
- 1986-1990 Battalion commander
- 1993-1995 Operational officer (Corps G3)
- 1995-1996 Deputy commander of brigade
- 1996-1997 Separate battalion commander
- 1999-2002 Brigade commander
- 2003-2006 Deputy chief of staff of Joint Logistics and Support Command
- 2006-2007 Chief of staff of Joint Logistics and Support Command
- 2007-2010 Commander of Hazardous Material Supply Center
- 2009 EUFOR HQ Sa Support Division Chief (DCOS)
- 2010- 2013 Head of Personnel Directorate of General Staff of Hungarian Defence Forces
- 2013- 2014 Head of Training Directorate of General Staff of Hungarian Defence Forces
- 2014- 2020 Commander of NCO Academy
- 2020- 2021 Commander of Transformation Command
- 2021- 2022 Commander of Territorial Defence and Support Command
- 2022 - Hungarian Defence Forces Command Chief of Staff
Family: married, wife Zsuzsanna
Child: Klaudia 1991
- 1986. Bronze medal of service
- 1992. Service medal after 10 year
- 1997. Silver medal of service
- 2002. Service medal after 20 year
- 2004. Gold medal of service
- 2005. Gold medal of service
- 2008. Service medal after 30 year
- 2008. Knight cross of Republic of Hungary
- 2009. European Security Defence Policy Service Medal (Operation ALTHEA)
- 2009. Peace keeping medal
- 2009. Per La Pace (Italian Peace keeping medal)
- 2010. Militar-Anerkennungsmedaille des Österreichischen Bundesheeres
- 2010. Médaille De La Défense Nationale (French medal)
- 2015. Gold medal of service decorated by Laurel wreath
- 2015. Bronze medal of Saint Janos Kapisztran
- 2017. Service medal of Migration
- 2017. Service medal decorated by Laurel wreath after 40 year
- 2019. Officercros of Hungary
- 2019. Silver medal of Saint Janos Kapisztran
18:23 January 23, 2023
Peace is of the utmost importance for Hungary and Serbia alike, and since the beginning of the war in Ukraine, Hungary has been consistently drawn attention to truce and the attainment of peace, while Serbia agrees on the point that war can only bring bad luck for the smaller or medium-sized states of the region, and therefore its soonest possible end is in the interest of both countries, emphasized Defence Minister Kristóf Szalay-Bobrovniczky in Belgrade on Friday, January 20.
18:08 January 23, 2023
The process of rejuvenation has started in the Hungarian Defence Forces in the interest of Hungary’s security, so that we can pave the way for those young commanders who speak languages, have gained experiences on NATO courses and foreign missions, have outstanding physical stamina and will be the most capable ones to use modern military equipment and tactics. The current war situation warns us that it takes strength to achieve peace, and strength in turn requires modern, combat-worthy armed forces.
14:07 January 20, 2023
On 18–19 January, leaders of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the representatives of Finland and Sweden held a two-day meeting of the NATO Military Committee in Chiefs of Defence Session at the NATO Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. The event was attended by Lieutenant General Romulusz Ruszin-Szendi PhD, Chief of the HDF General Staff, who also met the Hungarian soldiers serving in Belgium and gave them recognitions.
13:51 January 20, 2023
On 18 January 2023, Major General Helmut Habermayer assumed command of EUFOR Operation Althea. At the Change of Command ceremony, the Hungarian Ministry of Defence was represented by Gábor Gion, MoD State Secretary for Strategic Analysis and Human Resources and Lieutenant General Zsolt Sándor, Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Hungarian Defence Forces.
13:47 January 20, 2023
“In an age of dangers, the Government of Hungary considers the security of the Hungarian people as its top priority. In parallel with the procurement of modern military technology, the organizational transformation of the armed forces is also under way. In this work, we have now reached the threshold of a new era. The personnel of the Hungarian Defence Forces must be renewed as well”, said Minister of Defence Kristóf Szalay-Bobrovniczky at his annual assessment conference held in the Budapest Whale in the morning of Tuesday, 17 January.
14:42 January 11, 2023
Pro Patria Electronics Ltd., a Hungarian military electronics service provider, held a project completion ceremony of the Skylark-1 LEX and Skylark-3 unmanned aerial reconnaissance systems’ delivery on Tuesday, December 6th, at the Stefánia Palace - Honvéd Cultural Centre in Budapest. At the event, Major General Ferenc Kajári, Group Chief of the Military National Security Service Reconnaissance Group Headquarters, praised the military force development project carried out in cooperation between the Budapest-based company and the Israeli defence company Elbit.
09:38 January 9, 2023
Like several other organizations, the NATO Multinational Corps Northeast (MNC NE) looks back on last year’s events on its social media page through photos presented by month.
20:36 December 14, 2022
The Canadian CAE, a high-tech firm at the leading edge of digital immersion, celebrated the 75th anniversary of its foundation in Normafa Event House, Budapest on Monday, 12 December. Having a Hungarian subsidiary company since 2009, this high-tech firm has been working to contribute to the successes of the Hungarian Defence Forces at several points beyond development: through its NATO Flying Training in Canada (NFTC) program to the training of fighter pilots, through the production of simulators for the training of Airbus A319 pilots, and through the simulator training provided for H145M helicopter pilots.
13:34 December 13, 2022
On Monday, 12 December Gábor Gion, MoD State Secretary for Strategic Analysis and Human Resources received a delegation from the National Defense Committee of the National Assembly of the Republic of Korea in the Ministry of Defence building on Balaton Street, Budapest. At the meeting, the two sides primarily discussed the possibilities for cooperation in defence industry and innovation.
The security of the Western Balkans is the common strategic interest of the United Kingdom and Hungary
10:16 December 13, 2022
The security of the Western Balkans is the common strategic interest of the United Kingdom and Hungary – said Defence Minister Kristóf Szalay-Bobrovniczky in a public media interview after his discussions in London on Monday.