Major General Tibor Bozó17:08 January 31, 2022
Date of birth: 10. December 1958
Place of birth: Csongrád
- 1977- 1981 Lajos Kossuth Military college Szentendre
- 1985 Battalion commander course Lajos Kossuth Military college Szentendre
- 1990-1993 Miklós Zrínyi Military academy Budapest
- 1997-1998 English language course Miklós Zrínyi National Defense University Budapest
- 1999 Canada English language course (Canadian Forces Language School (Ottawa) Detachment Borden)
- 2002 USA English language course (Defense Language Institute English Language Center Lackland Air Force Base, Texas)
- 2002-2003 US Army War College (Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania)
Military professional: Infantry
- 1981-1982 Platoon leader
- 1982-1984 Company commander
- 1984-1986 Battalion chief of staff
- 1986-1990 Battalion commander
- 1993-1995 Operational officer (Corps G3)
- 1995-1996 Deputy commander of brigade
- 1996-1997 Separate battalion commander
- 1999-2002 Brigade commander
- 2003-2006 Deputy chief of staff of Joint Logistics and Support Command
- 2006-2007 Chief of staff of Joint Logistics and Support Command
- 2007-2010 Commander of Hazardous Material Supply Center
- 2009 EUFOR HQ Sa Support Division Chief (DCOS)
- 2010- 2013 Head of Personnel Directorate of General Staff of Hungarian Defence Forces
- 2013- 2014 Head of Training Directorate of General Staff of Hungarian Defence Forces
- 2014- 2020 Commander of NCO Academy
- 2020- 2021 Commander of Transformation Command
- 2021- 2022 Commander of Territorial Defence and Support Command
- 2022 - Hungarian Defence Forces Command Chief of Staff
Family: married, wife Zsuzsanna
Child: Klaudia 1991
- 1986. Bronze medal of service
- 1992. Service medal after 10 year
- 1997. Silver medal of service
- 2002. Service medal after 20 year
- 2004. Gold medal of service
- 2005. Gold medal of service
- 2008. Service medal after 30 year
- 2008. Knight cross of Republic of Hungary
- 2009. European Security Defence Policy Service Medal (Operation ALTHEA)
- 2009. Peace keeping medal
- 2009. Per La Pace (Italian Peace keeping medal)
- 2010. Militar-Anerkennungsmedaille des Österreichischen Bundesheeres
- 2010. Médaille De La Défense Nationale (French medal)
- 2015. Gold medal of service decorated by Laurel wreath
- 2015. Bronze medal of Saint Janos Kapisztran
- 2017. Service medal of Migration
- 2017. Service medal decorated by Laurel wreath after 40 year
- 2019. Officercros of Hungary
- 2019. Silver medal of Saint Janos Kapisztran
12:02 October 8, 2021
On Thursday, 7 October Deputy State Secretary for Defence Policy Dr. Gergely Németh received Major General Giovanni Maria Iannucci, Policy Director, Italian Defence General Staff in Budapest. After the meeting, the major general received the Officer’s Cross of the Hungarian Order of Merit from Defence State Secretary István Szabó.
09:05 October 8, 2021
The top leaders of leading American companies recently visited Budapest already for the sixth time, in the organization of the US–Hungary Business Council. On Thursday, 14 October, on behalf of the defence portfolio, Defence Minister Dr. Tibor Benkő received 14 representatives of eight companies who arrived, among others, from the fields of defence industry, cyber defence, pharmaceutical industry, medical technology industry, oil and gas industry as well as tobacco industry.
14:12 October 7, 2021
On 6 October, Lieutenant General Martin Schelleis, Chief of the German Joint Support and Enabling Service paid a visit to the Táborfalva section of the HDF Military Movement Centre on account of the PESCO logistic project.
14:05 October 7, 2021
The participants of a chiefs of staff level conference of the Defence Cooperation Initiative (DECI) have signed a document concerning the result of the Strategic Review in Rome. At the two-day discussion, Hungary was represented by Lieutenant General Dr. Romulusz Ruszin-Szendi, Commander of the Hungarian Defence Forces. The chiefs of staff of member countries reaffirmed that this form of cooperation has the primary objective of enhancing regional stability and security in Central and South-Eastern Europe through the military cooperation of member states.
09:38 October 7, 2021
Regional cooperation is indispensable for preserving our security – said Defence Minister Tibor Benkő, who participated in the 16th International Defence and Security Technologies Fair in Brno, the Czech Republic at the invitation of the Czech minister of defence on Wednesday, 6 October.
10:21 October 5, 2021
Exercise EUFOR Quick Response 2021 started in mid-September to test the quick reaction forces (QRF) and capabilities of the peacekeeping mission as well as the subunits of countries providing the Intermediate Reserve Forces (IRF). The exercise also involved the armed forces of Bosnia-Herzegovina (AFBiH) and representatives of the State Investigation and Protection Agency (SIPA).
10:15 October 5, 2021
Mobile Field Deployable Accommodation Set – this is the name of a tent whose deployability, setting up and dismantling were the topics of a trade training event co-organized by the Infrastructure Branch Directorate of the Logistic Directorate of the Hungarian Defence Forces Command and the Training Branch Directorate of the HDF 37th Ferenc Rákóczi II Engineer Regiment.
05:45 October 2, 2021
We work in a powerful Alliance, but the strength of this system must be provided by national capabilities, said Minister of Defence Tibor Benkő at the press conference held after the meeting of V4 defence ministers in Erdőbénye on 1st October.
12:19 October 1, 2021
Major General Denis Tretinjak, Commander, Headquarters Multinational Division Centre (HQ MND–C) paid a visit to Lieutenant General Dr. Romulusz Ruszin-Szendi, Commander, Hungarian Defence Forces in Budapest on Thursday, 30 September.
16:46 September 30, 2021
A delegation headed by MoD Deputy State Secretary for Defence Policy Dr. Gergely Németh paid a professional visit to Allied Joint Force Command Naples on 23–24 September.