Dr. Ádám Schmidt17:08 May 26, 2022
- Place and date of birth: Budapest, 22/06/1980
- Marital status: married, a father of two
- Language skills: English – intermediate level
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY, EXPERIENCES
- July 2021– member of the Board of Trustees, Foundation for the University of Physical Education
- 1 December 2020– chief advisor for sport affairs, Cabinet Office of the Prime Minister
- 2017–2019 external lecturer, Milton Friedman University
- 2015– owner and head attorney, Ádám Schmidt & Co. Law Office (attorneyship on hold)
- 2014–2022 member of the Supervisory Board, Hungarian Table Tennis Association
- 2011–2017 external lecturer, Hungarian University of Sports Science
- 2011–2014 sports lawyer, DLA Piper–Horváth and Co. Law Office
- 2011–2020 lawyer, Hungarian Basketball Federation
- 2009–2011 legal director, Hungarian Olympic Committee
- 2008–2009 trainee solicitor, Dr. Andrea Szűcs Law Office
- 2005–2008 trainee solicitor, Dr. Krasznai & Dr. Kollár Law Office
- 2004–2005 trainee solicitor, Dr. Tóth & Co. Law Office
- 2004 intern, New Atlantic Initiative
- 2003–2004 intern, Dr. Lívia Kulcsár & Co. Law Office
- 2000–2001 admissions tutor, educator (history), eFEB Adult Education Centre
- 2008 bar examinations successfully passed
- 1999–2004 Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Faculty of Law and Political Sciences
Hungary is interested in a strong NATO
09:25 June 7, 2023
The Bucharest Nine (B9) group is committed to further supporting Ukraine and above all, to restoring peace to the country as soon as possible – emphasized President of Hungary Katalin Novák after a summit of heads of state of the B9, a group bringing together Central and Eastern European member states – the eastern flank – of NATO in Bratislava on Tuesday, 6 June.
We are not alone, we are not the only ones who want peace
09:08 June 6, 2023
In this turbulent period of the 21st century, there is a need for Georgia’s deeply rooted and rich history and values. Because of our common values in the past and plans for the future, this country is our strategic partner, with which we are working together on further deepening our relations on both bilateral and allied levels, stated Defence Minister Kristóf Szalay-Bobrovniczky in Tbilisi after holding discussions with the Minister of Defence of Georgia on 5 June.
Giant KC-135 Stratotanker at Pápa
13:44 June 5, 2023
The airmen of the 121st Air Refueling Wing of the Ohio Air National Guard and the crew of the KC-135 Stratotanker aircraft stationed at the Hungarian Defence Forces 47th Air Base recently participated in a joint training event.
10:03 June 2, 2023
At the invitation of Bulgarian Brigadier General Radostin Iliev, Director for Defence Policy and Planning, MoD Deputy State Secretary for Defence Policy László Hajnik paid an official visit to Sofia between 24-26 May. During the discussion, both sides agreed with the significance of developing bilateral defence relations, emphasizing that it is necessary to find the new fields and means of cooperation for the expansion of the existing relations.
Innovation increases defence capability
09:51 June 2, 2023
Innovation has a key role in increasing defence capability and modernizing the Hungarian Defence Forces, said Brigadier General Imre Porkoláb, CEO, Defense Innovation Research Institute (VIKI) Nonprofit Ltd. at a capability demonstration organized by the VIKI in Budapest on 31 May.
Get well soon, Hungarian soldiers!
11:52 May 31, 2023
On 31 May, President of Hungary Katalin Novák personally thanked the Hungarian soldiers – who had been injured in Kosovo and are already recuperating in Hungary – for their standing their ground.
11:39 May 31, 2023
“Once again, our soldiers have performed their duty heroically”, stated Defence Minister Kristóf Szalay-Bobrovniczky at Liszt Ferenc International Airport, Budapest on 30 May.
German armored troops at Tata
11:21 May 30, 2023
As part of the German–Hungarian land forces cooperation, Brigadier General Björn F. Schulz, Commander, Bundeswehr Panzertruppenschule (Armored Troops School) recently arrived in Hungary and paid a visit to the HDF 1st Armored Brigade in Tata on 24 May.
Hungarian troops are standing their ground in NATO’s Kosovo peacekeeping mission
11:17 May 30, 2023
Hungarian soldiers were also taking part in dispersing a crowd in Kosovo. In the afternoon of Monday, 29 May, the nominated soldiers of the Hungarian Defence Forces serving with NATO’s peacekeeping force were deployed at the town hall in Zvecan, Kosovo.
Military medical team leaves for Kosovo
11:14 May 30, 2023
In the evening of 29 May, an Airbus A319 aircraft of the Hungarian Defence Forces specifically converted for air ambulance operations took off from Kecskemét air base to provide medical care for the Hungarian soldiers who had been injured in the crowd riot control task ordered at Zvecan, Kosovo, and to return them home if necessary. Major General Ferenc Kajári, Deputy Chief, HDF General Staff also accompanies the military doctors on board.